- Use the telephone Threat Report Form Checklist which is in the top drawer in the office.
- Upon receiving a bomb threat, the person receiving the call should make every attempt to:
- Prolong the call as long as possible.
- Identify background noises.
- Note distinguishing voice characteristics.
- Interrogate the caller as to the description of the bomb, where is it planted, when is it due to explode.
- Determine caller's knowledge of facility.
- Don’t hang up the phone! Have someone use another phone to call authorities.
- Once the caller hangs up, press *57 to activate phone tracing.
- Call 911
- If it is determined that the threat is valid, the standard fire drill procedures with possible modifications will be executed.
- If it is determined that the building should be evacuated, everyone must evacuate to a safety zone at least 300 feet away from the building or to our school’s alternate site which is North Wall Child Development Center at 9408 N. Wall.
- After all students have been evacuated, all utilities will be turned off by the staff person in charge.
- Do not use a cell phone near the site. The radio waves could trigger the bomb.
- The person in charge will be responsible for procuring the rolodex and the attendance sheet. Attendance will be taken when the students are assembled away from the school.