- Lock down procedures will be initiated by the staff person on site who is highest in the chain of command only when it is deemed necessary for the safety of the children, such as the presence of a potentially violent person in the vicinity of the school.
- All doors and windows will be locked. Blinds will be closed.
- No person shall be allowed to enter or leave the building.
- Children will be gathered into one area of the school and every effort will be made to keep them calm. The director or highest person in chain of command will make a sweep of all rooms including bathrooms to make sure all children are accounted for. Roll will be taken.
- Lock down will continue until it is deemed safe by the person who initiated the procedure.